Saturday 14 February 2009

i could sleep for a thousand years...

lately i've just wanted to sleep. a lot. this is nothing too out of the ordinary, seeing as i have hypothyroidism. but my life's been really busy and i don't have any energy. i get up, go to school, come home at noon, work till 3 or 4, maybe run and lounge for 6 hours (because by then i'm too tired to do anything else), and go to sleep. that's it. i haven't had any interest much stuff...i guarantee you 2009 will be the hardest year of my life. it takes a lot to be happy.

anyway. on to the more interesting, less depressing and boring stuff. i have finally gotten around to 1) finishing it's kind of a funny story, and 2) taking a picture of my wonderful recent purchases, which i cannot wait to show you.


first, my minnie bow made by yokoo (for those of you who aren't interested in this fashion-related bit, scroll down):



my face is funny. 

well, yokoo's expensive and her products don't come quickly, but she does all of her stuff by hand, and when the package arrives, it's a joyous day. that's how it was when i received the minnie bow in grey. this bow is lovely, it goes with everything in my closet, and it doesn't hurt my head, so it's perfectly comfortable to wear. if you are ever pondering whether to buy any product of hers, i say, if you have the monies, go ahead and buy it. i'm sure it will be made well and with tlc. i would love to have one of her endless amounts of cowls and chains and other quirky, warm accessories. 

and my snazzy leather jacket:



this was a christmas present, and it makes me [sing even mooore*] feel all cool and alison mosshart-esque. i usually dress "cute" (i.e., in dresses and tutus and skirts), but i love this jacket because i can be tough and still wear dresses. it may look a little funny on me, but i really enjoy wearing it. plus, i can hide in its collar!!



i'm going to do a post on my clothes fetishes soon. i have a fetish for shoes and coats, which is evident by my 32+ pairs of shoes and 8+ coats. 

anyway, i finished it's kind of a funny story this last weekend, and i think it should have been about me. hah. i could just relate to it so much. it's funny, sad, encouraging, and happy. not to mention the cover art is amazing. ah, i don't even know what to say. it's such a good story. def one of my favorite books now. 

devotchka is such a good band. seeing them 3 times is not enough. they are really great performers, and nick is just about the most handsome man in the world. he's 30-something, but he's so...tall, dark, and handsome. i would recommend them to anyone with any music taste. man, i can't get over how wonderful they are.

i'm tired and i've been working on this post for aaages. haha. 

*aghhh, i keep singing songs by the beaten sea. look 'em up, they are so. so. good. and even better live. don't ya just love when you hear a really great local band? i do.

11 comments:

brooke said...

i really, REALLY love your jacket. I need one this winter, quite badly, but i know im going to have a tough time trying to find one that suits me and is within my price range, ah.

the bow is ridiculously cute... i often gaze lovingly at yokoo's stuff but yeah - money is slightly an issue. haha. it is so damn beautiful tough!

:):)

Brooke xx

esther said...

that is indeed one great jacket. i have been craving a leather jacket...a little jealous, not gonna lie. :) cute pictures!

ginny said...

yokoo's pretty cute...just not for me lmao. but i do think it looks adorable on you :D

and ah-doring the leather jacket.

and i do wish i had a dream w/carine roitfeld in it. anna wintour always ends up in my dreams. i have no clue why...

Unknown said...

sweet jacket man! what brand is it?

Syed said...

Looove that leather jacket, it looks awesome! And the bow is adorable :)

leilani said...

you are adorable and that jacket is amazing!

Nonchaloir said...

"it takes a lot to be happy."
I just had to come back and comment cause that fragment was in my head all week.
Let's all sleep for a thousand years, shall we not? Humanity seems to be in need of a break.
On a lighter note, the shopping is too quite too legit gorgeous.

Mary said...

Shoes and coats? Word. Especially trench coats and high shoes... two of the least practical items ever.

I LOVE your short hair, I'm totally jealous and want a similar crop! You look fiierce in your jacket.

Isabel said...

Velvet Underground lyrics alert! Love the Yokoo bow, too. :)

zoƫ said...

YOUR LEATHER JACKET IS AMAZING ♥♥

Unknown said...

I love your bow so much, it's so cute. I've been lusting after a yokoo cowl for so long but you're right, it's quite expensive :( xx